Friday, February 6, 2009

Story Books


I have been searching for some great story books to read to Grace when she is home. I just got a bunch off of amazon. They came in the mail yesterday. I really like the ones we picked out. I believe it is important for us to talk to Grace from day one about where she is from and how much we love her, and how we dreamed of her for so long! I think story books are a great way to help explain adoption. Some of the story books we got that are soo adorable They are called... "Over the Moon", and "I wished for you", Our favorite book is called, "A Mother for Choco", about a little baby bird that goes to several animals looking for his mother, but none of them look like him, the story ends with a mama bear that becomes his mother, and turns out she also has children that are a pig and an alagator...what was most important is the happiness and love in the home and it did not matter that they all did not look alike! Very good story and I highly recommend it to anyone adopting. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Rach@In His Hands said...

Oh, I love this book! One of our favorites, too. :-)