Thursday, October 30, 2014

Son's Heart Surgery Update

3:00 a.m came very fast this Wednesday. We headed out the door to be at the hospital check in by 5. His surgery started by 7a.m.   We anxiously awaited to hear any updates in the large waiting room that was filled with other families also in similar situations. Seemed things were taking longer than I felt they should and the occasional updates didn't seem to come as often as I would have liked. 

 It turned out to be a very long 7  hour procedure.  He was awake for much of the time and asleep for maybe 2 hours of it.  As a mother, this broke my heart in half to see and know what my son was going through.  They had catheters in each leg and through his neck.  I can't imagine!! What a brave boy and I am so proud of him and his strength!

Finally we got to talk to the Doctor.  His news was not exactly what we wanted to hear, but our son was safe and he was doing good which was just as important after going through something like this. The Dr basically said he was hoping for more conclusive results. He did do the ablation to the areas that he saw problems with. But one specific area he could not get all the way from the angel that he went from. He said with some people he HAS seen that when that area heals up and scars over, the scaring itself creates the full block, so that the circuit can not go through that area. This then would be a great success. We are praying hard that this is what will happen for our son.  

For now he is recovering and still in the hospital. They have him on heart medicine to keep his heart regulated while healing. He will go off medications in 4 weeks which will then allow us to see if it worked.   If he has episodes again, then they will do another similar procedure on him again, but from a different approach and angel that would reach that entire area where the main problem is.  We will be praying that is not necessary.  The only option we have is to keep in Faith and believe God has this all planned out and things will work out great either way!!!  No matter how old my son is, to me he is always my baby! All I want is for my children to be healthy, my family to be healthy!! With all we have been through in the past 6 months I keep asking God for this daily!! 




  1. **In case you missed some of my past posts, my son has a condition called, Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) is an abnormal fast heart rhythm that starts in the upper chambers, or the atria, of the heart.

No comments: