Sunday, October 26, 2014

Strong Woman

My family has a second vacation home near where we live.  This weekend my mom brought my Grandma out to visit and get out of town. It was great to see her, But when I walked into mom's house  to see her for the first time since the funeral a week ago, I saw her from the back sitting on the couch was like a pit in my stomach to see her sitting there, seeming frail, and I know with a heart broken, and with out my Grandpa next to her. I walked up to her to hug her and so happy to see her.  I think it was good for her to get out and about for the most part. But I can tell she is going through the motions right now as any spouse would be. The night before they left I hugged her goodbye. I about lost it hugging her. It took all I had to keep my tears back. I feel so sad Gramps is gone, and so sad to see her having to grieve like this. My grandma has been through so much in her life. I swear she is by far the STRONGEST woman I have ever known in my life. She has certainly had a lot of joy and happiness, but she has also had much pain, loss, and grief. Her faith in God keeps her going and keeps her strong.  I admire that about her. I think her strength goes down the line....



No comments: