Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The juggling begins

Well now that school has begun and we have those first days behind us. Reality of everything els sets in. Now it is soon going to be time for me to be back at work and running my dance business. This year I will basically be teaching 19 classes a week. Every year it gets extremely hard on me to juggle my family life, taking care of Gracie during the day here at home, and fitting in all the things that need to be done to run a business ..not to mention teaching the classes. Those are two very different jobs. This will be my 11 season this year. I never imagined we would have even stayed in this same town that long or that I would have my business this long. My business stuff always gets done late at night when kids are in bed. Which is another reason I am up so late this time of year and tired all day. I do not put down anyone who uses day care providers.  I just never wanted to put my kids into day care, just my personal preference. Most day cares I have seen have sick kids no matter what at them, and I just do not want to deal with that. I do not want to miss out on the new things she says or does. I did not do it with the other two and won't do it with her either. My time with her is important.  It would be ideal  if I just had someone to watch Gracie two afternoons a week.  That would be an enormous help to me to just get the things done that need to be done for my business. That kind of help is hard to find. Does it exist even?  She naps in the afternoon, so for now my work will get brought home and I will try to do that during the little nap time window. Do you ever feel like you need a life assistant sometimes? That is me today......

2 comments:

Megan said...

Too bad we don't live on the same side of the state, those few hours would fit in great with my PT day care business!! Glad you are able to be home with Gracie, it does go so fast! Your family is beautiful!!

The Marshalls said...

I wish I lived closer (or you closer to me). I would love to take Gracie for a couple hours here and there! Winter tends to be my slower time of the year.