Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Remembering my dad...

"If Tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again" (this photo is my dad walking me down the aisle on my wedding day) 1994.
He went to be with the Lord June 9, 1996
Today 14 years ago my father passed away and went to be with the Lord. I remember this day so clearly, I'm sure like we all do when something tragic happens in our lives. My dad was only 42 years old, and this very much changed our family forever. I remember him today and want to remember all the great things he taught me growing up. He taught me to work hard, he taught me to follow my dreams, he was the one who always encouraged having your own business, being responsible, and planning ahead.  He was the one who displayed complete and total love to my mother. He respected her like nothing I have ever seen before. They were soul mates! He displayed what a great father is..he adopted me at the age of 4 1/2 or 5, this showed me that you do not have to share the same blood line to be someones daughter, but that love, and family is what is important. Today I remember him as a great man, hard hard worker, funny, drum player, devoted husband to my mom, dedicated father to us three kids....today I remember...and today just like all days I miss him deeply! I love you dad!

Here is a dance I dedicated to him in 2005  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGg4ooHmyHY

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Your daddy sounds like he was a wonderful man!

Anonymous said...

My Dad died at the age of 45.

Although I didn't have the relationship with him, like you did.

What a beautiful post.