Saturday, February 22, 2014

Time with My Gramps

It's always so great to spend time with my grandparents. My grandpa has struggled with Emphysema for years, but last summer also got hit with west Nile virus. This took him down and he almost lost his life. In fact many many months we thought he was not going to make it. This was in August of last summer. But here he is still fighting strong and still the will to live is stronger than the virus or emphysema in his body.  I treasure each visit, each conversation, and every hug with him as if it could be the last one. I just love to hear his stories about life, and every single time we always hear one that we have never heard before!! He is a fighter and a hard worker. Still is a contractor who builds homes and sells them. He has one he is working on now. I think his work gives him purpose too. Yes he works and he is 94 years of age. Pretty amazing right? I know I have written about him before, but it had been a while since I have had an update!! 

Always tell your loved ones how you feel, listen to their stories about life...Grandparents especially have so much life experience and we can learn a lot from them. So take time always..just take time..

No comments: