Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Taking a Step into a new career path...


A couple of weeks ago I decided to take a leap to become a Real Estate Broker Associate. Those close to me know this is definitely something I have talked about and pondered on for several years now. Even my hair Stylist knows and she would always ask me if I had decided to go for it yet. When praying about different job options, this was always the first thought in my mind.  What has kept me from it before was fear of not being able to do it, and also using money to take all the classes and tests.  Fear of failure honestly has not been a part of my vocabulary, so that is a hard one to admit. Those that know me, know that when I set my mind to something I go for it!  I signed up for the classes and decided to go for it. I am about half way through my on line courses and let me tell you this is hard hard hard stuff. Little did I know there are so many laws to memorize. I was terribly frustrated on the chapter a few nights ago that taught me all about surveying in one chapter crammed with information that made no sense to me what so ever. But pushed through it even when I was about to burn the book, I finally passed that chapter test. This is probably the hardest thing career wise that I have decided to tackle, and lets just say it has been a good 20 years since I have had to study for anything. I can't wait to finish this on line and be in class for 2 weeks to go over it all again with a teacher!! After that I will pass his class, then 2 state exams.  Every day I open my book it is a new adventure and a pretty huge challenge and commitment!! 

  I love this quote: It is so true!! If you are going to do something. Just do it!


No comments: