Friday, June 27, 2014

Dealing with the reality of change-From a Mothers point of view

This week has been a huge amount of different emotions. My heart aches for my daughter and her having to deal with all of this at the young age of 15. It doesn't seem fare. Yet what in life is right. It is a reminder that we are not in control of really anything in this life. As a very protective mother, this one is hard for me. I want to take away the Crohn's, I want it to not exist, I want to control it and yet I can't. I am at the Mercy of God and Doctors. There are days I am all over it and start reading and educating myself, and days this week that i experienced total shut down and did not want to talk to one person. I was on information over load from talking to doctors and reading to try and understand this disease that makes no sense to me!! The one thing i can control is educating myself and learning more about what helps this disease go into remission. And trust me I am all over all of that!!! 

On a good note, I am reading that they are making some good advances, I hope and I pray there is a cure for this some day soon. I try to research doctors, as I want her having the very best care. I want to be sure the medication they want her on for long term doesn't have to be so long term, because I pray she will just go into remission.  All in all, I want my daughter to feel well, to not have pain and live a normal life. Which I read that most people do. 

Now today, I feel my feet are back under me again. So back onto researching mode again. Nutrition is key and finding the right supplements and vitamins are crucial. I am getting a book called the "makers diet" this week. I hope to find some good nutrition ideas. I want to find my daughter a "buddy" someone to talk to that is dealing with Crohn's as well. I think that will be important for her. 

I do not know why God allowed this, but I DO know and believe that GOD will put all this to good. I believe once we get a handle on all this, that Amanda can live a normal life. We will learn as we go and nutrition  is going to be key.  

All mothers out there that see their children hurt or feel sick know what I am feeling. Unless you have walked in these shoes, you don't know. I ask for your prayers for us. 

No comments: