Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Get Up..Get up...Don't give up!

Yesterday was one of those grand old classic days where you wake up and it seems everything through out that day seems to go south. No sleep the night of surely doesn't help for having a very clear head or patience for anyone or anything. You ever have those weeks? Maybe it is money stress, relationship, friend, schedules, rejection, people pulling at you from all directions, a work deadline, health issues, loss of a loved one, appointments that fill up your date book more than you want? For me, it seems things a lot of times come in big giant waves. It can be great one day, and then here comes the big wave again. When you get knocked down and exhausted in life where do you go? It's easy to sometimes, get busy, and start doing things on your own or forget God is just waiting, or maybe you don't want to bother Him with your issues, but in fact, He is the one that I have always found to be constant. It is important to have someone you trust too. A good friend, or a pastor, someone.  I love talking to my best friend. Nothing like our discussions of total honesty.  She gets me. She understands my thinking, and my feelings and my life better than anyone. Maybe better than myself sometimes. But God is the only one that can give me strength at those moments I feel defeated. I am learning all the time. I am far from perfect. I have flaws. But God loves me anyway. Just like he loves you. We have to talk to God in these times and not forget that he will help us through, why is that so easy to forget.  As I wept in bed last night I cried out to him. I realized I had not spoken to him for a couple of days. I was taking care of things myself. The wave came over and He was there. He met me right where I was and today, I feel better. My mind is more positive than my circumstances and that is the key. There will always be things, issues, or a struggle. But our minds can over come them and circumstances do not have to control us and steal inner joy.  So if you are struggling today, don't let someone steel your joy and take a day, a hour away from you. Get up, pray, smile and know you are beautiful inside and out AND no matter what the Big Guy always has your back!!





No comments: