Friday, July 2, 2010

Remembering Gramps..

2 years ago today our sweet Gradpa went to be with the Lord..and united with his son (my daddy). When my dad passed away (his only son) at such a young age (42) it crushed us all, but for grandpa it really crushed his spirit. He did not think it was fair that his son went before him. I'm sure the moment he entered heaven my dad and him went off fishing..getting the biggest catch of their lives! :-)

 Grandpa is someone everyone loved. He was always so giving and loving. He would do anything for all of us. I have so many great memories of Gramps. Going camping, fishing, spending time and being so proud of his garden (which now my beautiful grandma still does).  He was the first to take me out and teach me to drive a stick shift. When we went to visit him and my grandma no matter how much his knees may have been hurting him, he was the first to pop out of his rocking chair to give us a hug and a big kiss. Now when we go to the house to see grandma this is the big part missing!
We miss you Grandpa and love you!
And Grandma, if you are reading this, please know that we are so proud of you, and we love you so very much! You truely are the best! We love you!

No comments: